Saturday, October 18, 2008

Steam Ahead

Palin Explains What Parts of Country Not "Pro-America"

You know what? FUCK YOU, Sarah. I hardly think you have the nerve to stand there and preach who and what is and isn't pro-American when you are married to a man who was part of a group that does not even want to be part of the United States. Let's talk about how American someone is when they want to defy the Constitution by reuniting church and state.

Hey, Dick Cheney, do you need a new hunting partner?

I went to see the Real Pirates exhibit at the Franklin Institute last night and I wasn't aware of the strong link between the pirates and slavery. The exhibit displayed shackles kept to keep the slaves in place and a branding iron and while I was looking at it, I thought, you know, what ever gave white people the idea that they were so superior to other races? What gall did we have to buy people and use them for our own good? I don't get it. I really don't.

Why am I so cranky? Because for the second time this week, I open my Yahoo mailbox and find a Democrat-bashing email from someone I have already confronted about it, back in the primaries about sending me political emails. I don't want them! Why is that so fucking hard to comprehend?

Another reason I am so cranky is that lovely thing all of us women have to face once a month has braced me with it's horrible prescence. A good predictor of when it's coming is by my mood. I become a horrible person. I mean, worse than usual. Since January of this year, I have to dread every time it comes because I get so horrible. I feel horrible physically, mentally, emotionally.

The last reason I am cranky is simply, I wish election day was over already. Politics is an ugly monster. You discover it and become sucked into it. I come on to the computer just to check my mail and next thing I know, 4 hours have passed. It's ridiculous and the cure will not come for another 18 days.

No comments: