This past weekend, both my sister and my brother-in-law had some kind of stomach bug. I have been sweating out getting it. All of this week, I have felt really crappy. Exhausted, cranky, drained, and my stomach has been a bloated mess. Well, this morning I woke up feeling nauseous and overall crappy. The nausea kept getting worse so finally I got up and went in the bathroom and sat on the toilet with the trash can on my lap (hey, if I was going to end up with diarrhea too I wasn't going to be caught off guard). I started to get really warm all over and lightheaded and my vision started darkening and next thing I knew I woke up on the bathroom floor.
I got up off of the floor and went in to wake up my parents but then decided against it and just sat down on the couch. I started to feel nauseous again and when I got up I started to feel lightheaded again, so I sat back down for a few minutes, then went back in to the bathroom. Afterwards, I climbed back in to bed and was freezing cold at that point and was having cramping all across my back and lower abdomen. I called my manager and told her I wasn't coming in to work. I hated calling out, but the fact that I actually passed out made me a little nervous to drive to work.
I fell back asleep and woke up at almost 11:30AM. I told my mom what happened when she asked me why I wasn't in work- I have to laugh because she says "are you sure you passed out?". And a few minutes ago, my dad just asked me "are you feeling any better since you passed out? Or you think you did?". Um, let's see- I was sitting on the toilet and then woke up on the floor; I think it's safe to say I did pass out. Why is everyone freaking doubting me? Anyway, back to when I woke up, while I was talking to my mom, I started to feel warm and nauseous again, so I went and sat on the toilet with my head between my legs. No passing out this time, thank goodness.
I feel lousy. My legs and back hurt and I keep getting pains across my abdomen. And my anxiety is having a fucking field day with this. Blacking out? Legs and back hurt? Are you sure your Addison's fear aren't legitimate? Oh, and my blood pressure was 102/59 earlier. Then again, when my sister first got sick, her blood pressure was like 84/49. It's a weird bug, or whatever it is.
I hate getting sick. Just like when I get hurt, I get cranky as hell when I am sick. Considering my immune system is usually like super strength, I think I get offended that my immune system didn't work hard enough to prevent me from getting sick. Then again, I don't know what this is. I haven't had any fevers, and even as nauseous as I have been, I haven't vomited (knock on wood) and I only had diarrhea once (sorry). The rest of the time was just normal. Or maybe that's just my chronically constipated digestive system's answer to a stomach bug.
And if it's not a bug, I am wondering if it has anything to do with IBS. I have been having a bad flare up this week and I am almost wondering if it got bad enough to actually cause me to feel so sick and pass out. It apparently can happen.
My FWA was whining on Facebook earlier that she is so over this day and it needs to be over. Aw, what's the matter? You have to pick up my slack for once?
Thursday, February 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment