Okay, so my status has finally been changed and the PTO and paid holidays I previously missed out on are going to be returned to me. So what is the problem? My status is not full time. It is now PT 25. I am still fucking considered part time! I work 40 hours a week! Not 25! 40! It wouldn't be such a goddamn big deal if PTO wasn't accrued differently depending on your pay group!
What else is wrong? Still nothing on insurance. If I do not get that paperwork by the end of the month, then that means I have to wait until September (hm, just about the same time everyone has to start paying for their insurance!). It will also be about the time I say adios diablos!
I burst into tears after my boss left the room after telling me I was getting retroactive. I want out of there so bad. I like working, actually. It is nice to get up and have some place to go and have money to SAVE, but the job itself is what I hate. I can't stand the people, all of the backstabbing, how no one's problems can be worse than my boss's, and I especially can't stand my actual job. I am so fucking bored! And any other job in the office is just as, if not more, boring!
I am going to discuss music to get my mind off of work. I love music. It sounds generic, but it really can bring out a lot of emotions. It can make me excited, it can make me cry, it can make me horny, it can invoke memories. Music is incredible.
I have mentioned several times that "What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong makes me cry. ALWAYS. I could be the happiest person on earth and as soon as I hear that song, I cry. And then I am okay after it is over. Many, many songs make me cry. Three words- the "Anthem" chorus. "Pachelbel's Canon" makes me cry also. I don't dream much about getting married, since I don't plan on ever doing so, but I think if I did, I would have it played at my wedding. And I guarantee it will make me sob. It is a beautiful song. I have a copy of the Tran-Siberian Orchestra version- "Christmas Canon"- and every time I listen to it, I get filled up.
With Christmas music, I love the generals- "The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole, etc. And I freaking love Johnny Mathis' Christmas music. Many of his Christmas songs make me cry. "I'll Be Home For Christmas", especially the version by Mathis, always makes me cry because my mom always tells me the story about her brother (he was killed in Vietnam) writing that in one of his letters. I love Mathis' version of "What Child Is This?", one of the most incredible Christmas songs. And then there is the mother of emotion-evoking Christmas songs- "O Holy Night". Not a big fan of Celine Dion, although I do believe she is in undeniably talented, but her's and Josh Groban's are the most incredible versions. That song leaves me speechless and breathless.
And on the negative side- just when I thought there was no music genre more annoying- after Disney pop music, of course- than today's rap, I discovered something even more annoying- Spanish rap.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment