Monday, June 1, 2009

Eleven Days Is More Than I Estimated!

Because I haven't been feeling down and depressed and suicidal enough lately, a job I fought with all my might that it would not work out had to come along and even everything out. Yeah, my eleventh day and I am already laid off.

It didn't work. I already knew that, my fucking horoscope- not that I ever believe them- knew it a few days ago....but did I listen? No. I ended up in tears twice. They kind of didn't give me a choice. I swear, I don't know how people get hired but they are fucking morons. I don't know who the lady was that I talked with, but 1, she tells me to try and collect unemployment. Um, what part of I haven't worked for 3 years did she not get? I can't just get unemployment! And then to ask me do I want to put my resignation in or sleep on it, but when I ask if I can sleep on it, she tells me that she kind of needs to know now what my decision is. Why tell me to sleep on it then? It was fucking pointless and a waste of my fucking time!

I have a massive headache, my stomach is hurting, I fucking hate people more than ever. I had some bitch from some NY legal staffing place bitching at me because I got confused and thought I need to verify last deposit for a business account. Oh fucking no. God forbid should I fucking make her do some fucking work. Man, I wish I remembered the place she worked at because I would send them an email telling them to tell their employees they need to learn some fucking manners. And I had some old fart bitching at me because he didn't understand why he had to put his PIN number on his paperwork. Yeah, what the hell would you like me to do about it? I don't make the rules. You have a problem with that, take it up with the fucking company head honcho or government.

This is exactly what the assholes at the company don't get. They can stand there and tell us about how we are human and make mistakes. The customers don't think so! They don't think we are human! As far as they are concerned, we are just bottom dwellers who they can abuse because they don't know how to do simple fucking math. Would you prefer for the company to outsource to India or some other foreign place? Would that make you feel better?

A big thing trainers tell you is that most of the time the customers just want to vent and get their problems out. Hey, I am not a psychiatrist. I don't want to listen to your problems. I got enough of my own. Would you like me to share mine with you? That's what I thought.

And the thing that makes me want to cry is I had a really nice guy on the phone and he told me I was a big help. I wanted to cry when he said that. I had been feeling really bad at the time and him saying that made my day a little better. I hate when people compliment me.

I can't believe I have to go through with finding another job. Frankly, a huge relief is off my shoulders because I did not want this job. But I tried. I really did. I really prayed it would work out. And now I am right back in the same boat again. Unemployed again. Now I can't get health insurance by July. I don't know what I am going to do.

Frankly, I would never have been ready for this position, but come on....9 days? Nine days of classroom training and I am already being thrown to the wolves? No, sorry, that doesn't work. You can't just do that. A job like this needs to be in training for about 2 months or more. You can't just be expected to know how to fill out forms, solve disputes, deals with fees and whatever other crap besides fund transfers and balance inquiries, on top of all of the federal/state/local regulations, plus the company's rules, in 9 fucking days. I didn't even get 9 days due to Memorial Day! We were supposed to have class, but they decided to give us off. Absolutely no way, no how.

No comments: