Monday, June 1, 2009

The Bitch, Please! Of The Day

Quotes on the murder of abortion doctor George Tiller.
Said the Rev. Patrick Mahoney, an anti-abortion activist: "No one should use this tragedy for political gain."
Like the religious right wouldn't use something similar to this for political gain.
"George Tiller was a mass murderer and we cannot stop saying that," Terry said. "He was an evil man — his hands were covered with blood."
The hands of the man who murdered Tiller are also covered in blood. Dislike what Tiller does, fine, whatever. But he is still a life! You know- an actual living, breathing, moving being. An actual being with fully developed organs and that can survive pretty much on it's own. A life that I would think, in the eyes of these asshole anti-abortionists, is still a life created by God.
"I'd hope they wouldn't try to broad-brush the entire pro-life movement as some sort of extremist movement because of what happened in Wichita," Mahoney said.
We don't need to have it broad-brushed. Most of them are extremists.

And last but not least, the one I have been meaning to write for days, some dude named Mandela (not Nelson) on Lady Miss Kier:
She has a wonderful, strong spirit. I only wish her esthetics were as strong.
Okay, I find multiple definitions of esthetics, but judging by the definition I primarily find...her esthetics weren't strong? Look, I know that I put this woman on an unbelievably high pedastal and she can almost do absolutely no wrong, but....bitch, what are you talking about?

Look, if you really wanna know a secret, my putting of her on a pedastal isn't quite as high as I portray because no matter how much I worship someone, I still can always find at least one negative thing with them. For instance, I hate that she smokes. Sure, it's her prerogative and all that, but smoking still makes someone less appealing. Plus, I find it kind of hypocritical to sing about dreaming of falling through holes in the ozone layer....and you smoke?

And also- I am kind of afraid to admit this- I never really thought she was that great of a dancer. Good, but then some of the moves she did, I thought is she dancing or leading an aerobics class?

No comments: