Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The WTF/Bitch, Please! Of The Day

I couldn't decide which category to group this into. If I felt like it, I would also add a STFU Of The Day section as well. But anyway:
Kate Gosselin said she feels society has a responsibility to help with the children, since modern medicine promotes the use of fertility drugs, which can lead to multiple births."
Excuse me? Society has a responsibility to help with her kids? Kate, no one put a gun to your head and forced you to go and use fertility drugs, you stupid cunt. But please do us the favor.

I have to laugh how people say this chick is mentally ill. She is not mentally ill. She is just a bitch. I get so tired of reading comments on anyone and this mental illness is being diagnosed and that mental illness is being diagnosed. Can't people just be assholes without having to be mentally ill?

On another note- my training update! I am happy to report that for the past 18 hours, I have not only been attempted brain-washed, I have also enjoy non-stop bashing of other banks and now it's moving onto other businesses as well. It's really starting to annoy me. I am also annoyed with having to be called on like in school, doing oral presentations (yesterday, we had to write an infomercial for a specific account type; look, if I wanted to sit and write infomercials and jingles for stuff, I would work in marketing), and having to do group work. I don't do group work. I like to work on my own and I like to do assignments without them being a race. Look, I am all for fun and games, but when I have to learn something, I want to be serious. I don't want to play bingo or anything. And most of all, I don't want to hear corny ass jokes!

I hope to God that there is a training course evaluation at the end because I am going to rip the hell out of the experience. I want to learn how to do the goddamn job. I don't want to learn why the company is better than X bank or B bank or whatever other bank that isn't it. But hey, if they don't mind paying me $12 an hour to sit on my ass and listen to the brainwashed trainers tell corny jokes and rip apart other companies for 6 hours, whatever. Easy money for me.

I also did an hour of shadowing today, where we were taken over to the building where I will be working and were sat with a banking specialist and watch what they do. And while the 7 or so phone calls my girl handled were not terribly frightening, there was still one call that made me shake my head. Why is it so difficult for people to comprehend that banks cannot just hand out other people's information to them? Whether it is your husband, sister, son, whatever....if your name is not on the account, we cannot provide you the information. It's not that hard to comprehend. Ask yourself this the next time- would you like it if a co-worker of yours called up and demanded to know your account balance and we just told them it? Yeah. Didn't think so. Shut up.

I have to laugh at how a big enforcement is that we are human and its okay to make mistakes. Yeah, try telling that to the customer screaming at you on the other end, expecting you to magically erase their overdraft fee and to replace the missing money. Yeah, they don't see us as human. I don't want to empathize with the customer. I don't care if they are frustrated; there is still no reason to scream at the customer service rep. Last winter (2008), I had sent a letter to cancel a warranty and 2 months went by and I never received my rebate. I called up customer service, they told me it should be coming soon. Another 1 month went by, never seen it. Call again. Told the same thing. Another few weeks go by, nothing. Call a third time. Told the same thing. This time I said I am done and took it to the BBB. And you know what? I got my rebate back not long after that. Two thumbs up, BBB. But the point is, I was frustrated beyond belief and I still did not scream or even speak abruptly to the person on the other line.

It is not our fault you don't know how to balance your damn checkbook. Here is an idea- this is coming from me- when you write a check, write it down and deduct it immediately. My checkbook has never been unbalanced, except a few times I was a couple cents off. And avoid direct withdrawal at all costs. I never, ever allow a company to withdrawal from my account.

No comments: