Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Ugh

I checked my county's dashboard of Covid cases for the day....almost 400 were reported today. I almost simultaneously had a stroke and heart attack. Our numbers were never even close to that back in the spring when Jersey was getting slammed. I don't even know if we ever hit 200 in a single day back then.

I'm dreading the holidays coming and then ending more than ever this year. Winter is hard enough to deal with. And it's not that I mind being in a lockdown and having to stay home. It's having to deal with the dreary long cold winter, with having to worry about a fucking virus on top of it. 

I was reading an article the other day about how in Texas prisoners are being paid to move dead bodies until the National Guard come in. There were pictures of the makeshift trailer morgues and just rows of white sheets covering bodies. I closed the article and felt like a hole had been shot through my soul. All of those unnecessary deaths. And what's our dear leader worried about? Golfing, whining, and suing. I hope Satan is building a special level of hell for him and everyone in his administration.

No comments: