The tooth is still bothering me. Last night I spontaneously woke up at almost 1:30AM and my tooth was hurting. Not anything terribly serious, maybe a 3 or 4 on the VAS pain scale at the most, but annoying enough to make my climb out of bed and take a Motrin 800 (prescribed by my dentist before I went down the shore) and lay awake for a while, although I think my anxiety over the pain was keeping me awake more than the pain itself.
I called the office again today and was squeezed in at 1PM and was only in there for a few minutes before I was sent next door to an endodontic office. Where root canal was strongly recommended and I am scheduled to have done a week from today. And I am fucking bugging over it. I don't even think I am so much scared of the procedure itself as I am of the post-procedure part. All I know is I better not even THINK of googling root canal complications.
I also called the dental office because the gum around one of my upper molars is red and sore and I am panicking that I have an infection and/or abscess. I mentioned it repeatedly and it was not addressed once. In either office. And I am very anxious about it. I am anxious that my cracked tooth will get infected and/or develop an abscess before next Wednesday. I am worried either place will get so infected it will spread to my brain or blood. I am worried I will get an infection following the root canal. It just never stops.
And I never though I'd say this but I'd rather be worried about premature menopause right now.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment