Friday, July 17, 2015

FMT

The "T" stands for teeth.

When I had my last cleaning, I was told I had to have a filling replaced on one of my lower teeth. When I got to the front desk at the end, all that got scheduled was my next cleaning. So when I had my permanent crown put in at the end of June, the assistant said I had to schedule to have my filling replaced. Which I had done this past Monday. I was fine Monday, Tuesday, and most of Wednesday, with the exception of food seeming to easily snag on a corner of the tooth. But later on Wednesday night, I started to feel a little pain whenever I chewed a certain way.

Come Thursday I was still feeling pain, so after dinner I called the office and they squeezed me in and did the bite test and drilled down the areas that were showing up blue. When I had a snack later on, at first I thought oh joy I am not feeling any pain, maybe my filling was just too high. No such luck. I started feeling pain a few minutes later whenever I chewed a certain way.

I am so damn frustrated. I am hoping that maybe my tooth is just a little irritated from the filling being high, but I probably won't be that lucky. I have had pain in this area before the filling was redone, but this pain feels different. I feel like I should have just left it alone, like maybe there was a reason why the appointment never got scheduled when it originally was supposed to.

If I have to have the filling redone, I am going to scream.

No comments: