Sunday, January 18, 2015

Random Thoughts

A story just popped up on my Facebook newsfeed of how a girl's Ugg boots saved her foot from amputation after she was ran over by a car. I guess that will be more incentive for people to continue wearing those stupid ass boots.

It's amazing- you never know how hateful people are until they have a Facebook account.

When I went to bed last night, my temperature was at 97.9. It was the same when I woke up this morning, although my mom said I still felt warm. It pretty much stayed around that temperature all day and I haven't felt achy or anything all day, just have a nagging cough and congestion. Before I got in the shower earlier, it was 97.2 and then a little while later it was up to 98.0. And my mother just said I felt a little warmer than I did earlier. This is frustrating not knowing how accurate my thermometer is and whether I am actually running a fever or not.

And having anxiety and getting sick, especially when you're someone who very rarely gets sick, is not a good combination by any means. I am starting to feel anxious over how long it's going to take for this to go away and I am going to feel very anxious about exerting myself or being around people for fear that I am going to end up sick again or catch something else. I also made the mistake earlier of reading an article on Yahoo earlier called "Got The Flu? Here's When To Head To The ER" that talked about developing sepsis with the flu. Not a good idea by any means, because now I have myself all stressed out that I am going to get sepsis.

I said something to the nurse yesterday that my boss was sick and I think I might have gotten it from her and she said that while it was possible, I also could have picked it up from anywhere and hearing that was enough to rattle me. Now I have never found my OCD problems to revolve around germs, but this is enough to start me down that path. If I could pick something like this up that easily just being out in public, what the hell other illnesses could I pick up?  

No comments: