At Least 51 Dead, 20 of them Children
As usual, I have been following this story all day. I am probably going to have nightmares of epic proportions tonight, but whatever. What a horrible situation. My local news said earlier that it was EF4 and I thought, no way in hell that was only an EF4. That town is frigging obliterated. I think the news later on said it could be considered an EF5, but I am not sure.
I know tornadoes can hit anywhere, but I could never live in those areas. And if I did, I would definitely have to have a storm shelter. Hell, if I had the money, I'd build one myself here. I always say if I ever won the lottery, I'd take care of a few things first (buy a house, buy a shore house, buy my mother a house), and then I would build a storm shelter. Even if they are rare here, they still can occur, so why take the chance?
Three years ago, I remember on my mom's birthday there has been a tornado watch issued. No tornado occurred and come to think of it, I don't remember a storm of any kind occurring that day. I just remember it being cloudy and windy as hell, and sitting in the restaurant wanting to throw up because I was so nervous over the tornado watch. Well, one night I was playing around on the SPC webpage archives and I pulled up that particular watch. I was quite unsettled to find that the watch had been issued with a high chance (90%) of a tornado occurring, and a moderate chance (50%) of an EF2 or higher occurring.
ETA 2:26PM: Surprisingly no weather related dreams. However, I did have a dream about cockroaches. Lots and lots of cockroaches. Lots and lots of breeding cockroaches. It started in my bathroom (which is far from dirty!) with just two, they bred. Then what they produced bred. And then those bred. And so on. It was fucking disgusting.
I have been having some weird ass dreams lately. Last week, I had a nightmare that my [known] cracked molar decided to break completely out of my mouth, and there was a hole with the nerve exposed and it was killer. I was horrified at the loss of my tooth.
Also, there is this adorable story floating around the internet:
Oklahoma Tornado Survivor Found Her Dog Buried Alive Under Rubble
Is that....is that....a schnauzer? Or part? Now I'll cry over any dog related story, but if it's a schnauzer, the flood of tears will be a hundred times higher. Oh and not to mention I am incredibly hormonal right now, so if you will excuse me, I have to go cry for the next half hour.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment