Sunday, January 24, 2021

Random Thoughts

After I worked out this morning, I got in the shower listening to "I'm On Fire" by Bruce Springsteen on the radio. It ended not long into my shower, only for "My Heart Will Go On" to come on next. Talk about torture. I can't believe once upon a time I was obsessed with that song and the movie. Ugh.

Because sometimes a little bit of luck comes my way, it appears my vaccine appointment having to be cancelled was a good thing, because I was able to get another appointment with another facility. This past Friday I got my first dose. I've been pretty tired and having a mild headache the whole weekend, although I am not sure if it's due to the shot, my period (because it decided to grace me with its presence on Thursday), and/or both. I go back in three weeks for my second dose. It's exciting, but I am also feeling on the shitty side that I took it from someone who could really and truly use it, even though I was eligible to schedule my appointment and where I had it done, the general public cannot make appointments with. All the articles I keep reading about my fellow New Jerseyans having trouble getting appointments, it's not like I took an appointment from them, since they can't make the appointments there anyway, but I, of course, still can't help but feel guilty. 

Sometimes I think the sole act of just existing makes me feel guilty. 

No comments: