So I will soon be through my first week back to work. It's....well, it's work.
My biggest shock is nobody is wearing masks. I can't understand why. The miserable old bitch said to me oh we're all okay in here. Oh really? So you are a Covid-19 test now? For someone who thinks she knows everything, she's apparently very blissfully unaware how ASININE it is to assume you're all okay. Or she's just that arrogant. I know I work with some dumb people, but this....this I just cannot comprehend.
And stupid me on Monday didn't keep mine on (save the lecture, I've been beating myself up plenty about it), but come Tuesday I said fuck this, I'm not messing around and wore mine the entire day as well as all of today. And will continue to do so. I'm not taking any chances in such a little place.
Also, today we had patients in (and to make matters worse, we had two doctors on schedule; why on earth in the middle of a fucking pandemic when people are supposed to be distanced from each other we would allow more than one doctor in boggles my mind) and at one point, I took a break to run out to my car and I almost screamed when I went in the waiting room. Now it's a small waiting room, maybe about 7 or 8 chairs at the most, but....almost every seat was filled. It was a social distancing nightmare.
Whenever I'm out and look around at everyone with masks on, for some reason it makes me feel sad. I don't really know why. It just does. Just like one day I watched a Domino's delivery person do a no-contact delivery at the house across the street from me and it made me feel sad for him. I don't know why. And in a way seeing people with masks on or social distancing is kind of touching. It makes me want to go up to people and say thank you. Thank you for doing your part in protecting your fellow humans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment