Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Random Thoughts

I found out today I am being temporarily furloughed. I will be brought back at some point, but obviously with all that is going on, there is no known date. I can't say I'm terribly upset (at least I qualify for unemployment and before anyone wants to slam unemployment, I am going to be paying 10% taxes on my unemployment earnings, as I did last time I collected unemployment), but at the same time I'm irked, mostly because I can't help but wonder....everyone who was on the call today, are we the only ones being furloughed? Because so help me god, if I find out my FWA is still being kept on, I'm going to bloody scream.

And the worst part is, working helped to get my mind off the pandemic somewhat. It kept me from reading article after article, or doing anything else related, and now I will no longer have that distraction. My anxiety, OCD, and health anxiety levels are going to flare up so bad. 

Every single day our Covid-19 count in NJ just jumps higher and higher. I know we're densely populated, but JFC for such a stupid little state to have so many damn cases is ridiculous.

Last night around 8, I took my temperature and it was 99. That was all I needed to see. I burst into tears and though I didn't have a full panic attack, I was hyperventilating pretty bad. It did go down later on, and because of that, I've taken my temperature a total of 13 times so far today. It's been in the normal range (but still higher than typical), although it was 99.1 at around 8, nearly leading to the same reaction.

No comments: