Pretty much the following day after my last post, the burning hunger feeling started creeping back in, and I ended up scheduling an appointment with my primary the next day. I got the expected GI referral, as well as two prescriptions, one for Carafate and one for Protonix. I have both in my possession but yet to take any. Because I'm terrified of the side effects.
The same day as my appointment, the burning hunger feeling and nausea started to become so unbearable that I finally caved and took a Pepcid. I've been taking two a day for the past week and haven't noticed any increased anxiety or aches, so I'm guessing maybe it was not the Pepcid causing that before. As for what was, I have no idea. It's not perfect but Pepcid does seem to keep a lot of the acid in check, although right now I'm not feeling too hot. Not to mention it seemed like the issues with constipation were going away but did not have any luck today.
I have an appointment with a GI in two weeks. I'm very anxious about it but also quite desperate to go. Although I'm scared what might result from it, I'm very much anxious to be scoped already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment