Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Should Be Happy & Grateful!

But in typical "me" fashion....I am not.

I got a call from work last Friday from my manager asking me to come in this week to help because apparently, the files are backed up and the stupid law firms and medical offices and all that keep sending files late, so the work needs to be done in house. My manager told me on the phone Friday that I could come in whenever I wanted on Monday and so I did. I slept in and went in at 10 and worked until 4:30. I heard her bitching not long after I first came in about someone not being able to come in just whenever they want and they need to notify their employer. I don't know who she was talking about, although I suspect it was not me, but I was prepared to fight over it.

Today, I did the same schedule. But before I left, she called me into the office and I figured she was just going to give me some bullshit update about a job I really don't want or she was going to ream me out over my schedule. Nooooo. Instead, it was to inform me that she wants me to work in the office full time from now on.

In my last employee evaluation, my manager wrote that I show interest in working in the office full time. I do not recall ever saying that. If I ever did, it was probably back before the company was sold and you had to work there full time to get benefits. With this new company, you do not need to work full time. So I settled into what I normally did and hoped that maybe one day my hours would get up to where I needed to be to gain benefits. The whole reason I ever agreed to work for the company was because I was going to finally be able to work from home. But now these dipshits own the company and they want to eventually do away with at home workers. I'd like to know where the plan to place any workers, although I would imagine they won't need to make any room. They'll probably just toss them out.

My manager seems to have a lot of beef with the at home workers anymore as well. The past couple times she has had me in the office, she has bitched about them (without names, of course). She actually asked me if I was interested in the full time hours, although she really doesn't give me much of a choice, so why she asked that is beyond me. And I couldn't very well say, "um, actually, no I am not" because I get the feeling that I would have left there today unemployed if I had. Oh and I can't do the 6 hour days anymore because she needs all the help she can get. But I am not doing anything different than what I did before.

I have said it before and I will say it again....I don't understand why I hate this job so much. When I complained about me being the only at home worker in the office, my family is insisting it is because my manager likes me and does not want me to get laid off so she is bringing me in to work there before the new people do something about the at home workers. I don't know about that. I am finally going to be able to get benefits. A couple of my coworkers have had me laughing the past couple days I have been there. What is my problem?

I just received an email from one of our executives bitching about not having our revenue where it should be. You know what, the company has been around over a decade and a half and has not collapsed so they must be doing something right. Fuck your fucking revenue and fuck your profits, you bunch of greedy bastards. And fuck your new computer system as well. What a waste of goddamn time. No wonder revenue isn't where it should be with that new system!

No comments: